From: shelbi (18.104.22.168)
In Reply to: Re: HELP! Digital Perm not so curly... posted by Jan Norris on September 16, 2007 at 1:06 pm:
1. no. in fact, i thought that was odd. i shampoo every other day and i hadn't even washed my hair that day.
2. the solution was applied to my dried hair.
3. my hair was simply rinsed off. she went to comb and then decided to put some conditioner (that's what she called it) in it. it was in a silver baggie type thing.
4. yeah. i felt her wrapping it then attaching it to the rods. it was super hot at first and then it got quite cool. then a buzzer went off and she started it again or something.
5. they took out the rods and then got some sort of solution. wrapped my hair in pink plastic rods w/ rubber bands and put the solution all over it.
my hair is a medium consistency. i haven't dyed it in 2 years.. and it was with a semi-permanent dark color when i did. no perms or anything. they gave no indication that my hair wouldn't curl. she said i would be able to just wash and go after putting serum in it (which i'm used to and do daily anyway). i have these waves.. but nothing resembling a curl. my hair is board straight when i blow dry but has a slight wave if i leave it to dry - which is exactly what it looks like now, just a lil smaller waves.
i would appreciate any help/advice you can give. i need to get this fixed but i'm not sure what to say to them. :(