LamasBeauty.com | Back to Discussion Board
If you have come to this site on a web search for beauty or weightloss products -- please do not call us to ask about those products. We do not sell them!
We recently have been receiving many phone calls and emails from people who read posts about a particular product on these discussion boards, and then call us because they think we may somehow sell or be involved with that product.
We only sell Lamas Beauty shampoos and skincare products. For a listing of products we sell, please visit our homepage.
Please do not call us about other products that people may talk about on these discussion boards. Our Customer Service department will not be able to discuss any products with you other than Lamas Beauty products. While people here may discuss or express opinions about other beauty or weightloss products, we have no information or connection with any products but our own, so please do not call us about those other products.
From: Need info please! (188.8.131.52)
Subject: BKt / Color / PPT / TR - Denise / Leslie please!
Date: July 26, 2007 at 4:25 pm PST
I wrote a week ago asking if I could have BKT done over my TR. I had my hair done 10 days ago with Liscio, and it came out well but my hair is still kind of dry in some places and doens't have a lot of movement. The bottom 2 inches were really drid out so I had them cut off. I was thinknig about getting BKT over my TR,but I'm not sure what that would do for it.
Also - I have old highlights with 2 inches of regrowth and instead of getting the highlights re-done, I'm going to get them dyed over to match my darker regrowth.
Also, my salon gives a free PPT (protein) one month after the TR. So I will be getting that done in about 2 weeks.
My questions are:
1) What will the BKT do for me?
2) When the BKT wears off, will it take some of the TR straightness with it? That is will I have the same TR results I had before the BKT or will my hair be like I never had TR done at all?
3) If I do get BKT, but then I decide to get my TR touched up in 8 months, will they be able to do it over the BKT'd hair?
4) What order should I do these: PPT, Color, BKT?
5) I've been hearing some stories that BKT dries out hair or makes it frizzy... but the reason I would be getting it done is to FIX those problems... are they going to get worse?
6) The stylist who did my TR said that BKT is really harmful to your health, but salons do it bc of the demand and to make $. Is that true?? I don't want to risk my health for my hair.
7) There is only one BKT salon in the amount of distance I am willing to travel, and when I called, the guy who answered the phone said they "just got it in a few days ago." Maybe he didn't know what he was talking about? The guy who would be doing it sounded like he knew a lot about what he was talking about, b/c I asked him about doing it over TR.
8) He said that if I still had very dry / brittle pieces of hair, they'd have to be cut off. I thought the point of BKT was to REPAIR those pieces.. that doesn't make any sense.
9) Can I just have my highlights dyed over and then see if my hair gets any dryer, and THEN dedcide to get the BKT?
Sorry this is so long, I just have a lot of questions!
|Learn about Peter Lamas and his products! Watch excerpts from talkshow appearances and extreme makeovers!
Lamas Beauty TV
Broadband Windows media Streaming
Post a Followup